Infants Through Elementary School
To open an account for all members 18 years of age and under, we require:
- A joint owner on the account who is an adult
- A $5 deposit at the time of account opening
- The original birth certificate and social security card of the minor (we will make a copy)
- One form of an unexpired document from the adult joint owner as follows:
- Driver’s License/Permit, or state ID card
- Passport or Passport Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Military ID
- Sheriff’s ID
- NY State Benefits Card with photo
Infants and Toddlers (birth to 4 years old)
Earn your weight in gold program!
sfcu will deposit $1 for each pound of your child’s birth weight. (Minimum deposit of $5, Maximum deposit of $10)
Kids ages 5-10 are at the perfect age to learn more about their finances; where money comes from, how to save, and how a credit union can be a partner for life. That is why we offer the sfcu Kids Club!
The Kids Club is a fun way for children to learn good savings habits at an early age. The account will earn interest so your child can watch their money grow with every deposit they make.
Children who join the Kids Club will receive a fun gift (like an sfcu piggy bank) as well as the tools to keep track of their account.
Each month, four names are chosen to win a $50.00 cash deposit into their savings account. With parental permission, we feature our Kids Club winners on our social media channels like recent winner Meadow Spencer!