SFCU is offering our high school seniors (primary membership required) the opportunity to compete for local and state college scholarships through our partnership with the New York Credit Union Association’s (NYCUA) College Scholarship Program. Scholarships may be used at a two- or four-year accredited educational institution or a trade/vocational school.
Students that are SFCU members can take advantage of this opportunity by completing these steps:
- Download the Scholarship Application. Read all instructions carefully.
- Complete the fillable Scholarship Application, required essay, and obtain your high school transcript (documenting your GPA for grades 9-12). Save each file individually. Acceptable file formats include: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, doc, docx, pdf, xls, xlsx, csv, ppt, pptx, ttf, svg, woff, ico, epub, xlsb. Note: Google Docs are NOT accepted.
- Contact us directly at 877.642.7328 to obtain a verification code. Please contact us prior to beginning the Scholarship application. We will verify your membership status and/or eligibility. If you are not already a member, you may apply online or visit the most convenient branch location to establish an account. All scholarship applicants are required to be a primary member on an sfcu account.
- Once you have filled-in the application, completed your essay, obtained your code and transcript, go to the NYCUA Scholarship to upload and submit.
Upload and submit the completed application and required documents online no later than January 5, 2024. The message “Nomination successfully saved” will appear when your application has been successfully submitted.
- Fill in your name and email address for both the Nominee and Nominated By sections.
Disregard the Reasons for Nomination section and only complete the required fields.
There is no fee for submitting an application, but applicants MUST be:
• the primary member on an SFCU account;
• high school seniors at the time of application; and
• attending either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution or trade/vocational school for the first time in the fall of 2024.
Recipients will be announced in May.