Health Savings Account (HSA)
A sfcu HSA allows you to put money aside on a pre-tax basis for qualified medical expenses. Having a designated savings for health care expenses allows you to plan for the future and be ready for the unexpected. Unlike Flex Spending you can roll your HSA funds over each year and use it when YOU need it.
- You can use an HSA to pay for a variety of qualified medical expenses including:
- Vision and dental expenses
- Over-the-counter medications as prescribed by a physician
- And much more!
- Know there’s a medical procedure in your future or want to save for healthcare costs in retirement? HSAs can be a great way to do both.
- Roll savings over from one year to the next with no limits or penalties
- No “use it or lose it” rules (like flex savings accounts)
HSA High Deductible Insurance Plan Minimums:
Single Plan $1,400
Family Plan $2,800
Maximum Out-Of-Pocket Minimums
Single Plan $6,900
Family Plan $13,800
HSA’s have contribution limitations each year
Single Plan $3,550
Family Plan $7,100
If you're 55 or older at the end of the year, you can contribute an extra $1,000 in 2020.
sfcu HSA Solutions
- Payroll Distribution
- Automatically distributing money to your HSA helps keep your health savings budget on track.
- Make current year contributions to your HSA and monitor your balances to ensure you are on target for your needs.
- HSA Debit Card
- The convenience of paying for your qualified medical expenses with all the benefits and security of the sfcu MasterCard debit card. No waiting for reimbursement!
- HSA Savings/Certificates
- Rolling over your leftover HSA funds to a savings account or certificate means you are maximizing your returns with the great rates a sfcu account offers.